Working for us
Berghaus has been at the fore-front of the outdoors industry for over 40 years and it's our team of enthusiastic and dedicated staff who have kept us there.
Working for Berghaus means you will be part of a team that is passionate about being outdoors and committed to the success of the brand. We offer a great working environment for our staff with benefits and development opportunities to match.
Our head office is based in Sunderland, UK but we also have offices in London, Europe and Asia.
See our current vacancies
Work Life Balance/Flexible Working
Berghaus is committed to supporting all employees in the achievement of work life balance and offer a range of flexible working arrangements. We also give individuals the opportunity to discuss openly their concerns about their work life balance.
Berghaus is a company that embraces the outdoors and we offer product days to our staff in a wide variety of outdoor activities.
Because our business is the outdoors we make it our business to try and look after it. We’re a responsible company and encourage our staff to participate in a number of environmental days throughout the year in order to improve and protect the outdoor places we love.
You can find out more about the environmental work we do with our charities here.
Our environment and charity committee – raising money through the year for worthy causes
Our social committee arrange social activities throughout the year – including a Summer event and a Christmas party
Health & Wellbeing
On-site monthly alternative therapies
Discounted use of Sunderland Leisure Centres
Free Flu jabs
Part of the North East Better Heath Awards
Management Development Opportunities
Our plans for growth are truly global, creating opportunities for personal development with a number of management programmes in place.
Our Brand Values
At Berghaus we offer a great working environment, supported by our brand behaviours:
• Creating a culture of strong teamwork, across function, regions, countries and cultures.
• Accepting we are one team and working together to deliver success
• Enabling, encouraging and empowering others to be at their best every day
• Identifying, selecting, analyzing and processing information in a structured way to generate clear insight and addressing issues and problems in a logical way and developing practical solutions.
• Looks beyond current position, sees and envisions the big picture/wider environment/external marketplace and pushes the boundaries.
• Understand the importance of creativity and innovation and creates opportunities to drive these
• Developing clear, structured and aligned strategic approaches and plans to deliver the 2020 ambition
• From ambition to execution we deliver excellence and motivate to achieve exceptional results whilst overcoming obstacles.
• The ability to express opinions, confront challenges and make decisions with confidence, courage and professionalism.
• Is entrepreneurial in approach, actively shares ideas, proactively searches out and takes the lead on new initiations and is a leader from the heart.
• We passionately believe in our brand and work collaboratively to deliver the best possible results
• We communicate with others clearly, credibly and concisely - in a way that has impact and achieves the exceptional for our internal/external customers.
• Is open minded to new ideas, readily adapts to new situations, changing tactics / approaches to be fully effective in ever changing environments that our customers demand
• Listens to internal teams and our external partners, consumers and customers to adopt and develop new ideas and is ambitious to deliver success with integrity and balance